Our professional team is led by Sew Yeng Chia, a registered Malaysian Patents, Industrial Design and Trademarks Agent, who has amassed considerable experience in both private practice and in-house IP environment. She has worked as a patent engineer in an IP firm and a patent consultant in a regional law firm, as well as a patent manager in a European life science organization. Her expertise ranges from conducting various types of patent and industrial design searches to full analysis, for the purposes of IP protection, IP commercialization, due diligence exercise as well as litigation support.
Sew Yeng has a wealth of experience managing IP portfolio and prosecuting both local and international patents and industrial designs. Technically trained in the science and intellectual property, she also drafts patents relating to various technical fields, particularly life science, biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, industrial chemistry, medical devices, mechanical devices and information and communication technology (ICT).
Graduated with a First Class Honours in Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry) and a Master of Medical Science from the University of Malaya, Sew Yeng has also extended her interests in the IP field along the journey of her career by joining various professional courses, including the SEAD Patent Drafting course by FICPI, Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications, Arbitration and Mediation under the WIPO Rules, Advanced Course on Copyrights and Related Rights and Advanced Course on Intellectual Property Management by WIPO, as well as the Advanced International Certificate Course of IP Assets Management in Korea.
Sew Yeng CHIA
Malaysia Registered Patent, Trademarks Agent and Industrial Designs Agent
Education & Professional Background
• Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry), UM
• Master of Medical Science (Molecular Medicine and Medical Microbiology)(Distinction), UM
• South East Asia Patent Drafting (SEAD) Certificate, FICPI
• Advanced Course of Intellectual Property Management, WIPO
• Arbitration and Mediation under the WIPO Rules
• Advanced International Certificate Course on IP Asset Management, WIPO-KIPO-KIPA
• Advanced Course on Copyrights and Related Rights, WIPO
• Trademarks, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications, WIPO